Friday, January 7, 2011

Coupons, a great way to save money.

If you have children like I do, well you know when they get to a certain age they will try to eat up everything in your house. Well in the last few months I leaned how to use coupons. Let me tell you how that have come in handy with the new baby around. I have saved lots of money. I don't go shopping without them.

Coupons are like free money, who doesn't like free money! Using coupons with items on sale, makes for cheap to free items. I try not to buy anything that's not on sale. Did you know you can use multiple coupons on one product. Well you can, as long as the first few numbers at the bottom are different. You can use a manufactures coupon paired with an online coupon. Sweet huh!

I have done some great deals with basic couponing in the grocery store. My favorite store is Kroger. I like the 10 for 10's  and the "when you buy a certain number" that they always do. Last week they had Febreze Set & Refresh on sale for $1.49 when you buy 4 with using your Kroger card. Well I had 20 coupons for $1.50 off, so I got 20 for free and a .20 money maker. I am trying to get the hang of stockpiling. The only thing is, I don't find these kinds of deals as often as I would like. Does anyone know how to do this? Maybe you can give me some tips to achieve my goal. I would love to have my families basic needs stockpiled like toilet paper, toothpaste, dish washing liquid etc.

I said all of that to say this, If you have a budget set for groceries, try using coupons. With the money you save, you can add that to your savings to build up your emergency fund. Remember this is a new year, time to try new things. It won't hurt, it will only bless you. My goal is to be debt free in two years, God said all you have to do is ask, and it is yours. Are you asking????

1 comment:

  1. I love Kroger's sales, too. I like using the shopping card- load the coupons onto it, and no paper to worry about. At least not for those coupons. Thanks for the tip!

    Stumble Tumble Tuesday continues...

    ReplyDelete