Monday, January 3, 2011

Emergency Fund, who needs that!

Everyone should have one! You should have at least 3 to 6 months of money saved to cover living expenses for the unexpected. Our savings was depleted while I was on maternity leave for three months.

The first step in the "Total Money Makeover" is to save $1000.00 for the emergency fund as fast as you can. We CAN actually do this (I keep telling myself) It may seem trying at times but stop eating out, stop buying unnecessary cloths, shoes, stuff period! It has to be a lifestyle change. Little by little, if we stay focused it can be done! One thousand dollars is a small portion of what you are suppose to have but it will cover things like new tires, care repairs, home repairs etc. You have to start somewhere, right!

When we decided to do the "Total Money Makeover" we were getting tested. We know we have to save money. We had friends invite us to go to birthday parties, gift exchanges and outings that cost money. We stood our ground and had to say NO. It wasn't easy and at times I felt like caving in from the pressure. In the end it all worked it self out and we were able to put away a couple hundred bucks. Woohoo I am soo excited. The ball is finally rolling!

My final thought is, "Do you have an emergency fund? If so how many months did you save? Did you do anything radical to add to your fund? I'd like to read your comments.

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Wednesday Hop to say hello and to follow.
    Have a great day!
    http://poshonabudget.com/2010/12/welcome-to-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... so glad I am blog hopping today! :) Blog is very interesting!

    Would love for ya to come visit me, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I will return the favor!

    ReplyDelete